Colorado is known for many things, 300+ sunny days a year, outdoor adventures right our your back door, and the many beautiful cities and towns. One thing Colorado is also renowned for is the amount of craft brew pubs and tap rooms located throughout the state. In Denver alone there are over 100 breweries, 33 found here in the city limits. The city is gathering the reputation for being the Napa Valley of Beers which is not a problem for all of the breweries and tap rooms looking to open in Denver and the surrounding areas.
So the question is, how do you choose where to go with all these wonderful brewery and tap room selections to choose from? I have compiled a list of ten places to go in Denver and surrounding areas where you can quench your thirst on any hot summer day or evening:
2. Breckenridge Brewery – Denver, CO - Like many brewpubs, Breckenridge started off in a home brewer’s basement. With three locations in Colorado, this is a favorite of many Coloradoans.
3. Great Divide Brewery Tap Room – Denver, CO - This brewery has racked up more awards than you can count on your hands and feet combined. A favorite visit destination for beer lovers worldwide, this brewery is a great spot to see Denver’s beautiful skyline.
4. New Belgium Brewing Company – Fort Collins, CO - Founded in 1991, New Belgium has been an absolute favorite with its signature fat tire. In the summer you can head up to FoCo and take a little bike brewery tour where you are sure to make a stop at New Belgium.
5. Avery Brewing Company – Boulder, CO - Founded by entrepreneur Adam Avery in 1993, Avery Brewing was created at the right time in the brewing market and continues to impress beer drinkers to this day.
6. Dry Dock Brewing Co. – Aurora, CO - The two owners of this brewery did the best thing they could for the home-brew store, they built an actual brewery to go with it and have been winning awards ever since.
7. Oskar Blues Brewery – Longmont, CO - The thing that is unique about Oskar Blues is that they decided to put everything, yes all of their beers, into cans instead of glasses. All of their beers can be found in resealable aluminum containers or in cans, makes it easy to take home and enjoy!
8. Steamworks Brewing Co. – Durango, CO - Known for their German-style beers, this favorite hangout in Durango is a place you can find many locals enjoying their cold ones.
9. Denver Beer Co. – Denver, CO - Located in the booming Riverfront neighborhood, this taproom has an outdoor patio where you can always find friends and families gathering.
10. Vine Street Tavern – Denver, CO - Sister brewery to the Mountain Sun and Southern Sun in Boulder, Vine Street has won medals across the globe including six gold medals at the Great American Beer Festival.
It doesn’t matter where you are in Colorado, there are always good beers right around the corner. And if you are considering your own brewing adventures and are looking for a great space to let your dream grow, I have an amazing space located in Brighton Colorado that is just dying to be filled. If that interests you feel free to give me a call today and I can tell you more about this special location where you could being to brew the new great American beer!