Where did September go? Seems like just yesterday we were dealing with high heat days and wearing shorts around town, oh wait that was just last week! The joys about fall in Colorado is that is just one night appears on your doorstep. You feel the nights start to feel a little cooler and the morning require a light jacket but then you blink your eyes and one day you are bundled from head to toe and realize the changing of seasons is upon us. Did you make it up to the mountains to see the changing of the colors? Might be the last weekend to do so, the mountains are already seeing a lot of snow!
October is always a fun month in our household. Our daughter Reghan really enjoys picking out her costume for Halloween and we as a family like to plan some fun fall adventures. There are tons of great activities for families around Denver, some scary and some not so scary for the different members of your family. Many of these events are running all month so take a look at the list below and see what fun things you and the family can dress up and go to!
Colorado’s Coolest Corn Maze – Fri, Sat & Sun through Oct. 30th at Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield – buy tickets online
· This is no small corn maze you will be heading into. When you are arrive at Chatfield get ready to enter the eight-acre corn maze that is one of the most attended mazes in the US. Help Farmer Green collect all his lost animals while enjoying hayrides, food vendors and the Pumpkin Fest where you can get your perfect pumpkin to carve for Halloween.
Trick-Or-Treat Street – Oct. 28-30th from 9am-6pm at Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus – check website for prices
· For three whole days the museum will host costumed kids and adults as they collect goodies, create Halloween crafts, parade from one Treat House to the next and play carnival games.
Boo at the Zoo – Oct. 22-23rd & Oct. 29-30th at the Denver Zoo – Adults: $17 / Kids over 2: $12
· What better way to enjoy a little trick-or-treating then parading around the zoo with all the amazing animals? With over 20 goodie stations, creepy crawly animal demonstrations and other entertainment, this is sure to be a fun time for the whole family.
The 13th Floor Haunted House – through Nov. 12th at 4120 Brighton Blvd. – buy tickets online
· If you want to go to the “scariest haunted attraction in the US” according to Fangoria Magazine, then this is the place for you. Prepare yourself for a good scare as you will interact with ghostly beings and other creatures sure to make your scream.
Glow at the Gardens – Oct. 19-20th & Oct. 26-27th at Denver Botanic Gardens – buy tickets online
· Sure to be a spooky yet beautiful sight, the Denver Botanic Gardens will light up the garden with luminaria-lined pathways that lead to elaborate pumpkin displays.
Denver Zombie Crawl – Oct. 22nd at 16th Street Mall
· Prepare to run into a few thousand zombies if you head downtown for the famous Zombie Crawl on October 22nd. Denverites really love zombies and you won’t be disappointed by the costumes and make-up that makes you feel like you are on the set of “Walking Dead”.
There are so many great events to attend this month for the family. Before going to anything make sure to read about the event to know if it is appropriate for your kids and if you think your kids could handle how scary some of these activities boast to be. Have a safe and happy start to October!