Spring has sprung in the Mile High City and we are almost into Summer – with the weather changes and the heating up of temperatures, the real estate market is also on the move. Denver’s market has been heating up as well, with a winter that was still busy, we are moving into a time of the year that is busy for all parties involved. My buyers are out in strong numbers during the spring and my sellers are excited to put their homes on the market with all the interest, many getting above asking price.
For my buyers, it can be a bit tedious in the spring to get to first, get under contract and then, to get to closing table. But once we get to that closing table, there are smiles and hugs and happy tears around.
As a Realtor, one thing I really look forward to is getting each of my clients’ great housewarming gifts for their new home. A lot of the time, I like to try and find personal things that go with each client. After spending a lot of time with each of them, I feel this personal touch is a nice way to end our transaction and for them to have something to remind them of me as well in their new place.
For those of you who are wondering what would be a good housewarming gift for a new homeowner, here are some great ideas to add a little something to their new home:
· A gradient vase – Grab some flowers from your local florist and pick out a great vase
· Fun door mat – There are lots of great welcome mats out there these days that have fun little sayings or fun pictures on them. Shut The Front Door Mat, $49; 5 Green Boxes.
· Plants – Bamboo, air plants, succulents, you name it and most plant stores have them. What better way to add some green to a new home?
· Sonos One Speaker With Alexa – These devices make it easy for a homeowner to connect their music, tv, lights and other electronics to be activated by them speaking, very fun for the tech homebuyers in your life. Get it local at Digitique Denver
· Wi-Fi Smart Video Doorbell – This doorbell syncs to a phone so that the homeowner will never miss a package again and allows the homeowner to ignore or respond to whoever is at the door. Indoor Security Camera, Starts at $199; Digitique Denver
· Electric bottle opener with accessories – New homeowners will also get many bottles of wine and bottle openers can be a struggle so give them this electric opener that can open a bottle with a push of a button.
· Bar cart – For those of your friends who like a few adult beverages, they might like a bar cart to display their beverages.
. Locally made longboards and cruisers are the perfect way to see a new ‘hood. Pacto Cruiser, $139; Anonymous Boards
There are so many great gifts out there and one thing I would recommend is finding a local shop to buy them from, maybe in the same neighborhood as the house the buyers just bought.
Make sure to check out my arrival in Denver Style Magazine about these great gifts and where you can find them in local shops around Denver.